| Meet Dr. Andie:
You need to upgrade your Flash Player.
My passion for parent education and coaching comes from the understanding that there is no such thing as a "perfect" parent and there are times when we all need some help in this roller coaster journey called parenthood.
As a child and family therapist, educational specialist, author, and expert in social/emotional well being and most importantly a parent, if there's one thing I know, it's children. I blend my professional experience, dedication, humor, and unwavering faith in the potential of every child to help parents invest in meaningful parenting.
I have found that it is often easier to discuss issues with someone who listens to you carefully, and will collaborate with you to find the right solutions to create happier children as well as you becoming a more effective parent.
WHAT IS POWER 2 RELATEtm PARENT COACHING?
My philosophy and approach is effective because it recognizes and supports the individuality of the family members taking into account the values and goals of the parents and/or the child. I firmly believe that to be successful in the world, it is important to have good social and emotional skills to communicate and relate to others. As parents we need to use these skills with our children as well as teach it to them. Power 2 Relatetm coaching helps you gain insights to be a more effective parent using social and emotional skills as well as to learn strategies that can eliminate the stress of how to parent.
HAVE SPECIFIC CHALLENGES WITH YOUR CHILD? NEED PROFESSIONAL ASSISTANCE?
HERE ARE SOME OF THE TOPICS, NOT ALL-INCLUSIVE, THAT OTHER PARENTS HAVE DISCUSSED WITH ME:
- Do you feel as though your children don't listen to you or respect you?
- Have you tried reading parenting books only to find that you weren't able to implement the ideas because they seem too complicated or not written for your situation?
- Do you worry about your child being too shy and having difficulty making friends?
- Do you have trouble setting and enforcing limits, or feel guilty when you do?
- Are you worried or unsure how to handle technology (Facebook, texting, computer or video game usage) with your children?
- Has your once loveable child turned into a teenage Jeckel & Hyde?
- Are you unsure how to handle situations when your child says unflattering or negative things about themselves?
- Learning the how to's in navigating the use of today's technology in children/teens lives (use of cellphone, computer, video games, Facebook)
- Discussion and role modeling for challenging situations in parenting
- How to effectively set limits
- Helping children overcome shyness, being bullied, and establishing good friendship skills
- How to teach good decision making and responsibility in children
- Learning approaches to foster self-love in children/teens that go beyond self-esteem
- How to drop the Cinderella or perfect parent syndrome and enjoy parenting more
- Ways to be less reactive and more pro-active before a problem begins
- Helping negative, complaining children become more optimistic and resilient
- Understanding how to improve children/teen social and emotional skills, i.e., expressing feelings/emotions appropriately, showing empathy, learning interpersonal skills, etc.
- Exploring how past experiences can influence your parenting style